Monday, May 14, 2012

Murrrrrrmmmmmurrrrrr

Welcome to Murmur and Stutter, a blog about art, curating and writing!

here is a little bit about me, just to get things started.

I am an emerging arts writer, curator and researcher based in Adelaide, South Australia. 

In 2011 I completed a Bachelor of Visual Arts majoring in History and Theory at the South Australian School of Art. 

I am a founding member of the Green Rat Collective, a group that aims to place arts writing at the forefront of artistic practice. Through the Green Rat I run a Critical Reading Group, forming a dialogue about contemporary art, research and theory in Adelaide. Adele is a member of Peer Studios.


As a curator I see my role as a way to form critical dialogue around art. Curating is a diverse and creative role. Curators can be seen as cultural producers, catalysts, weavers, personal assistants, designers, and motivators.

I aspire to be an international curator, working with institutions and artists to present new understandings of contemporary art. I hope to bring to the field a fresh dialogue about contemporary art practice, and a desire for more connectivity/jamming within global contexts.


No comments:

Post a Comment